On 21 May 2012 11:53, pravin.d.s(a)gmail.com <pravin.d.s(a)gmail.com> wrote:
Most of you aware regarding liberation license problem we are facing
from long time. Looks like time came when we can get rid of it.
Google has recently released google-croscore fonts.
- These are from same vendor ascendar with OFL license and more glyph
coverage than existing liberation.
- Existing shape in liberation and same as croscore since from the
- Use base of croscore fonts and apply enhancements available in
liberation and call new entity liberation 2.0
1. Liberation license issues will get resolved
2. Liberation user community will get enhanced fonts. i.e. more
Need help from legal for doing licensing stuff, dunno how we can crack
licensing of Liberation SansNarrow.
I have completed initial work. Yet not able to solve LiberationSansNarrow
licensing stuff might be it will take some more time. Updated .sfd's are
available in upstream master branch.
Planning to release it by Friday, early testing is welcome.