-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On 06/29/2011 05:50 AM, Jiri Moskovcak wrote:
I'm going to replace the report library with the new libreport. Today I
plan to replace it in rawhide and if it goes smoothly I'd like to
replace it in F15 as well.
Hasn't this already reached F15? Have you readded the GTKIO stuff?
- libreport is written in C (report is in python), so it's easier to
write bindings for other languages
- it's API compatible with report (it has python bindings)
- it shares configuration with ABRT, so users just need to write their
credentials and defaults only once
- shares the UI with ABRT (the reporting wizard), so users are presented
with the same UI despite of from where they are reporting a problem
- it has a bit different UI
- account information (e.g: bz loging+password) is forgotten and needs
to be entered again
Why? Is it remembered within the session? Can't it save
info within the gnome-keyring?
- some minor breakage expected (hopefully not...)
affected packages (according to repoquery):
- report + subpackages (being obsoleted)
As I said, libreport should be API compatible with report, so no changes
should needed, but of course can't be 100% sure if it's bugfree ;)
Do we have to do anything to our packages to make this work?
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----