I have been to the following for help with this problem
- fedora-list (mailing list)
- video4linux (mailing list)
- #fedora (irc)
- #v4l (irc)
- #mythtv-users (irc)
I've filed the following bug reports:
To summarise, my tv card gets no sound with any 2.6.17.* Fedora
kernel. When I installed FC5, things works flawlessly.
The following factors make fixing this problem ASAP a big deal for me
1) This is my only cable tv viewing device
2) At some point some upgrade, wounded my binary blob Nvidia drivers,
which my system had come to rely on. Now everything is sluggish, and
colors on my my PVR software, MythTV are all messed up.
3) Most importantly to me, FC6 is coming. And I'm pretty sure I won't
be having any 2.6.17 kernels in it. If I can't fix this problem....I
will miss out on FC6 for who knows how long, and I've been hearing
good things about it.
The top two pieces of advice I have received so far, and attempted are to:
1) use v4lctl to verify all settings on the card
2) compile v4l from http://linuxtv.org/
Niether has worked.
While I do not expect someone here to just tell me exactly what to do
to fix the problem, I am hoping you all can advise me on how best to
go about finding a solution.
Fedora Core 5 and proud