On Fri, 2015-02-13 at 14:36 +0100, drago01 wrote:
On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 8:06 PM, Adam Jackson <ajax(a)redhat.com>
> Since the modular X repackaging in FC5, we have limited X server updates
> such that the ABI does not change. F20 shipped with xserver 1.14.4, for
> example, so we might update it to 1.14.7 but not to 1.15.0. With the
> reduced driver set in F21 it's now much more reasonable to push updates
> to older releases as well.
> With that in mind, I ask for feedback on how we'd actually like that to
> work. The kernel rebase policy seems like a pretty reasonable model:
> F21 would stay on 1.16.x until there's an upstream 1.17.1 release, and
> (if F20 were to be affected by this policy) F20 would wait until 1.17.1
> had been tested in F21.
So now that we have 1.17.1 ... has any decision been made yet?
1.17.1 was built for F22 all of two days ago, I'm not sure that counts
as "tested in" yet. But yes, I would expect us to update F21 to 1.17.1
in a week or two.