Hai you all :)
Well, I just started packaging kde4 based on kevinkoefler's work. Some
friends are porting kde3 apps to kde4, so why not give them the
minimum tools needed ?
kevinkoefler SRPMS are
My modifications : http://chitlesh.funpic.de/fedora/kde4_11_27.tar.bz2
(I don't have a place to upload the SRPMS :( )
1. the svn snapshot are from 20061003, neither kevin nor I got the
time to update the snapshots. However my priority is just first get a
working set of kde4 packages.
2. the specs don't have the patches inorder to integrate these
packages to the fedora desktop. ThanNgo accepted to offer his help to.
3. SRPMs from my specs haven't undergo mock till now.
4. kde4 is installed on /opt/kde4 and kevin made so to co-existe kde3
and kde4 at the same time
5. the kde4.desktop doesn't load kde4 desktop upon login because it
seeks its libkde*.so.5 at /usr/lib instead of /opt/kde4/lib
I would like to have more light on this #5 in order to make it just
work for once :)
here is my /usr/share/xsessions/kde4.desktop:
Comment=The K Desktop Environment. A powerful Open Source graphical
Any help will be welcome :)