Noted that 'strings ipw2200.ko | less' on
<6>ipw2200: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200/2915 Network Driver, 1.0.0
so I think it's time to say, "Thank you very much."
Just a quick question. Was there a reason why the ipw2200 drivers
weren't updated to 1.0.1, instead of 1.0.0?
A look at a changes from 1.0.0 to 1.0.1 seem worthwhile and it was
released on Feb 08, 05 so should be well tested.
Fixed #559: iwconfig rate support (thanks to Florian Hackenberger)
NOTE: Configuring a subset of rates that excludes mandatory rates by
your AP may result in not being able to associate with your AP.
* Improved link signal quality calculation (thanks to Bill Moss)
* Added additional debug output during scan to dump all 16 bits of
capability field to IEEE80211_DL_SCAN output
* Added support for Intel PRO/Wireless 2225BG Network Connection
* Removed trailing whitespace on lines in code (thanks to Henrik Brix
* Yanked script trace (-x) from helper scripts (thanks to Henrik Brix
* Fixed a problem with sensitivity threshold during association
(thanks to Raphael Slinckx for troubleshooting with me on IRC for
* Added iwpriv for turning forcing long preamble support: iwpriv eth1
* Possible fixes for #542 and #377 support for short preamble
* Fixed #563 compilation warning on 2.6.11-rc2 (thanks to Henrik Brix
* Fixed locked BSSID reporting channel number (thanks to Pedro
* Fixed type-o with scan watchdog timeout message (thanks to Pedro
* Changed logic for displaying get_mode output so the code is easier
to follow (thanks to Pedro Ramalhais)
* Added initial support for WPA (thanks to Yi Zhu) -- tested with
wpa_supplicant (either tip w/ ipw driver, or with -Dipw2100) with
both CCMP and TKIP
* Fixed problem with CCMP not working due to uninitialized 802.11
header fields (thanks to Pedro Ramalhais)
* Fixed unload script to unload the ieee80211 modules in the correct