On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 02:40:37AM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
Most people and many IT groups cannot successfully make a video
projector work for presentations. Do we seriously think that something
as complex as what is being suggested has a snowball's chance in hell of
They do seem to be able to insert a CD and run its contents.
1. fool proof pxe configurations out of the box in the install of
dhcp server or even maybe a pxelinux package!
system-config-netboot or somesuch ? - I've never used it
2. a good syncing file system or backup tool that isn't
difficult to configure for the average user.
3. a network filesystem that has:
- strong authentication
- success in working over high-latency connections
- doesn't piss off kernel developers by it's mere existence.
and has all of those things, at the same time. Hell, I'd take 4/5.
Sfs is as close as I've seen.