= Proposed System Wide Change: Django 1.8 =
Change owner(s): Matthias Runge <mrunge(a)fedoraproject.org>
Update python-django to version 1.8.
== Detailed Description ==
Update python-django to version 1.8. Fedora 21 contains version 1.6, which
will become deprecated by upstream, once Django-1.8 is out. This is a change,
impacting many of python-django-* packages.
Django upstream is transparent and announces deprecation far in advance.
== Scope ==
* Proposal owners:
** update python-django to version 1.8. To support maintainers of dependent
packages, a copr repo containing latest Django-1.8 is here: 
** A build containing latest Django will be pushed to f22 branch late in dev
cycle. If we decide not to push Django-1.8, nothing will be broken.
** Django 1.8 final release is expected around April 1st, 2015: 
* Other developers: update dependent packages to work with Django-1.8
* Release engineering: N/A
* Policies and guidelines: N/A
== Contingency Plan ==
* Contingency mechanism: If we can not make it, we'll keep Django-1.7 from
* Contingency deadline: Fedora 22 Beta release.
* Blocks release? No
* Blocks product? doesn't block a product.
devel-announce mailing list