2009/6/29 David <bouncingcats(a)gmail.com>:
Re the discussion at
The below suggestion tries to satisfy all parties:
- it presents a neutral default
- it presents a simple choice for newbie who doesnt know what a desktop is
- it shows the range of what is available
- it allows a specific choice
Design suggestion for the Fedora download page
FEDORA LIVE CD
Do you require a specific desktop ?
[ * ] I don't care
[ ] Fedora Live with GNOME
[ ] Fedora Live with KDE
[ ] Fedora Live with LXDE
[ ] Fedora Live with XFCE
The "I don't care" just links to whichever desktop is currently the
Implementation of this logic doesn't require radio buttons. Just 2 links:
1) "click here for default"
2) or "click here to choose (go to a selection menu)"
Clicking link #1 gets you the default. Or clicking link #2 takes you
to a menu of links, one for each available choice.
Fedora policy specifies which desktop the user gets if they click the default.
But the above user interface design is independent of whichever one is
David, this looks awesome to my, really good work!
fedora-devel-list mailing list