On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 09:50 -0700, Brendan Conoboy wrote:
1. Fedora Policy (Which I imagine is based on the technical
of the following 5+ points and others I'm unaware of).
2. Many packages assume a native execution environment which will not
exist. Incredible undertaking to move 11000 packages to cross
And even if everything builds with cross tools, ee'd still need a native
platform (hw or simulated) to run the %check stage.
3. Absence of arm-linux cross compilers in the distribution.
4. If there were arm-linux cross compilers, how do you keep them in sync
with native gcc?
Already some work being done on that front:
5. Where does the sys-root for an arm-linux cross compiler come from?
The sys-root would be populated from already built RPMs much like the