On Thu, 03 Feb 2011 13:04:56 -0800, John wrote:
I was able to compose a DVD of today's rawhide using pungi.
I was able to install it by: Customize Now, delete package 'gnote'
from GNOME packages; proceed.
I got stuck at firstboot because the X server did not start.
[It has worked in various previous F15 rawhides.]
In the meantime I'm trying the special TestDay .isos:
Could be _much_ more easy to get going:
* First of all, I'm one of those "put .iso on local harddisk and boot it
with the included vmlinuz/initrd" users. It didn't default to
so because I was in a hurry, I didn't notice it performed a network
install and downloaded everything from the network. Gah!
* Booting with "askmethod" and pointing it to /dev/sda6 and path /15/64,
the installer crashed in /sbin/loader.
* Once the installer crashed during graphic adapter init. It ended with
nothing else than "noise" on the screen.
* In addition to removing "gnote" due to its broken dep, I typically
remove group "Applications > Games and Entertainment". Why does this
still install "gnome-games" nevertheless?
| Installing gnome-games-22.214.171.124-1.fc15.x86_64
* End of installation resulted in bz 673209 (reported by somebody else
* The LUKS passphrase prompt during booting doesn't have focus or such.
Everything entered there is displayed on one of the virtual consoles.
With the asterisk chars being displayed only when hitting ENTER.
* Rebooting crashes in firstboot.
* At the graphical login screen, I cannot log in. I did the useradd
manually, and it appears as an empty entry to click on. Authentication
fails. Cursor doesn't show any asterisk characters either when typing
in the passphrase.