On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 8:06 PM, Adam Jackson <ajax(a)redhat.com> wrote:
Since the modular X repackaging in FC5, we have limited X server
such that the ABI does not change. F20 shipped with xserver 1.14.4, for
example, so we might update it to 1.14.7 but not to 1.15.0. With the
reduced driver set in F21 it's now much more reasonable to push updates
to older releases as well.
With that in mind, I ask for feedback on how we'd actually like that to
work. The kernel rebase policy seems like a pretty reasonable model:
F21 would stay on 1.16.x until there's an upstream 1.17.1 release, and
(if F20 were to be affected by this policy) F20 would wait until 1.17.1
had been tested in F21.
So now that we have 1.17.1 ... has any decision been made yet?