I would like to announce that I will be orphaning, and possibly
retiring, telepathy-sunshine. Due to  I was unable to use it for
months and as such am probably not the best maintainer.
As explained by the upstream, the development is on hold and the whole
plugin considered for dropping for the following reasons:
* lack of support from telepathy team as well as
* telepathy-python upstream being dead
* lack of time for a C rewrite
In case someone decides to pick up the maintenance, keep in mind that
coding the fixes themselves might be necessary.
To make things worse, -haze is useless with gadu-gadu network due to
, and thus pidgin, kadu or other clients need to be used with that
I just finished with the Fedora 17 feature page for GIMP 2.8 and
built gimp-2.7.4 into Rawhide.
GIMP changed its licensing to GPLv3+ (app, included plugins) and LGPLv3+
(libraries) from the 2.7 development versions on. I've checked dependent
packages and found that all are listed with compatible licenses in their
spec files (CeCill v2, GPLv2+, GPLv3+, Public Domain). One minor
licensing issues was introduced with this change, namely with poppler,
used for importing PDFs and GPLv2 only. For the moment, GIMP packages
from 2.7.x on won't use poppler, but the PostScript plugin for importing
PDFs. This is a workaround until the next stable version poppler 0.20
which will be based off xpdf-3.03 (or later), thusly GPLv2/GPLv3
dual-licensed and compatible again.
While APIs used by external plugins should be backwards-compatible, I'll
rebuild packages using GIMP libraries (i.e. having GIMP plugins) against
the current (not yet stable) version 2.7.4 and against the stable
version when it's there, just to be on the safe side. These are the
affected (source) packages:
gutenprint: twaugh - jpopelka
I plan to do the first round of rebuilds tomorrow, so if there's any
reason why I shouldn't rebuild one of these, or you want to rebuild a
package by yourself, speak up ;-).
Nils Philippsen "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty
nils(a)redhat.com nor Safety." -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759
PGP fingerprint: C4A8 9474 5C4C ADE3 2B8F 656D 47D8 9B65 6951 3011
PHP 5.4 enter RC stage
So, I'm working to upgrade all the PHP stack
(for now in my testing repo)
I think PHP 5.4.0 (finale/stable) will be available for fedora 17, so I
plan to update it (and all C extension before fedora 17 feature freeze)
Do you think I should submit a feature proposal ?
Of course this will requires to test all web app. available in the