== Summary ==
Package the Deepin Desktop Environment for Fedora.
== Owner ==
* Name: [[User:Zsun|Zamir SUN]] - main coordinator, packager
* Email: zsun#AT#fedoraproject.org
* [[User:Mosquito|Bowen Li]] - main packager
* Email: mosquito#AT#fedoraproject.org
== Detailed Description ==
Deepin Desktop Environment] is the
desktop environment released with
deepin]. It aims at being
elegant and easy to use.
== Benefit to Fedora ==
Deepin Desktop Environment will make Fedora a more interesting for
users who prefer another choice of a shining desktop environment.
== Scope ==
* Proposal owners: DeepinDE packages are already packaged and built in
Fedora Rawhide (Fedora 30).
* Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Release engineering: [https://pagure.io/releng/issue/8003
** List of deliverables: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
== How To Test ==
You can install the Deepin Desktop Environment in Fedora like below.
If you don't have other desktop installed before, ` sudo dnf install
xorg-x11-server-Xorg`. Otherwise, just do the following
sudo dnf update
sudo dnf install deepin-desktop
sudo dnf install deepin-calendar deepin-calculator deepin-editor
deepin-image-viewer deepin-picker deepin-screenshot
And try your normal tasks on any desktop environment.
== User Experience ==
Deepin Desktop Environment focuses on being elegant and easy to use.
== Dependencies ==
N/A (not a System Wide Change)
== Contingency Plan ==
* Contingency mechanism: Not announce the availability of Deepin
Desktop in Fedora.
* Contingency deadline: Beta Freeze
* Blocks release? No.
* Blocks product? None.
== Documentation ==
The staging git repo of all
Deepin Desktop Environment] website.
* [[SIGs/DeepinDE|DeepinDE SIG page]]
Fedora Program Manager