= Proposed Self Contained Change: VA-API 1.0.0 =
* Nicolas Chauvet <kwizart - at - fedoraproject.org>
This change is about upgrading libva and others to version 2.0. This
change affects several multimedia players as there are both API and
ABI changes. This will allow some VA-API backends to be updated,
improving support for recent hardware.
== Detailed Description ==
Updating to VA-API 1.0.0 will allow to fix and clean-up issues with
the API as sum-up in this upstream topic VA-API 1.0.0:
* fix errors in API/data structure definition, e.g. 01org#32
* add new features, e.g. 01org#69,
* deprecate some useless API/data structures, e.g. libva-tpi, libva-egl.
* provide other improvement, e.g. use portable type to define data structure.
All packages using libva will be rebuilt to take into account the new
API/ABI. Futhermore, the intel backend will be updated along (not
provided by Fedora). Others VA-API backend such the AMD and NVIDIA
backend provided by Fedora within mesa-dri-drivers will work as
appropriate. Bridges between VA-API and VDPAU will continue to be
supported , this is:
* libva-vdpau-driver which allows to use the VA-API enabled players
with VDPAU backend (such as NVIDIA binary driver).
* libvdpau-va-gl which allows to use the VDPAU API enabled players
with VA-API backends (such as intel driver).
== Scope ==
* Proposal owners:
- Update and rebuild packages that depend on libva. DONE
- Verify that everything is working as appropriate or report issue
upstream. TESTING IN PROGRESS.
* Other developers:
* Release engineering:
#7285 : https://pagure.io/releng/issue/7285
* List of deliverables:
* Policies and guidelines:
* Trademark approval:
Platform & Fedora Program Manager
Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkynova 99/71, 612 45 Brno, Czech Republic