= Proposed System Wide Change: LiveUserCreator as Primary Downloadable =
* Jiri Eischmann <eischmann AT redhat DOT com >
* Martin Briza
The new Fedora Liver USB Creator that is being finished has an
overhauled, more user friendly interface. Because USB sticks are the
most common way to install Fedora, it should be the primary download
option. It cover the whole installation media creation, it lets the
user pick the right flavor of Fedora, downloads its image, and copies
it to a USB drive.
== Detailed Description ==
Fedora Live USB Creator is getting a facelift that should make it much
easier to use (see mockups). It should cover the complete work flow of
creating an installation media. It provides information (descriptions,
screenshots,...) about flavors and variants of Fedora to help the user
to pick the right one for their usage, downloads the ISO, and copies
it to a USB flash disk. The goal of this change is to provide this
tool as the primary download option on getfedora.org
and create a
mechanism to store and update information (descriptions,
screenshots,...) for the tool. This requires work not only from the
change owners, but also from other groups (websites, design,
marketing, releng teams).
== Scope ==
* Live USB Creator for Linux (pretty much ready, currently packaged
for Fedora in Copr, should we create a deb package, too?)
* Live USB Creator for Windows (pretty much ready, we just need to get
a signing key)
* Live USB Creator for Mac OS X (still in progress, should be ready
for F24 release)
* the websites team has to update the download page to make LUC the
primary download option.
Marketing and design:
* the design team has to work with websites team on necessary changes
to the download page.
* the marketing has to provide information for LUC including
descriptions and screenshots (screenshots of Workstation are currently
* adjust tests and test result matrices
* not sure what's required from them
Policies and guidelines:
* The live-usb-creator tool is helping with new installations.
Existing installations are not affected.
* N/A (not needed for this Change)
Platform & Fedora Program Manager
Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkynova 99/71, 612 45 Brno, Czech Republic