= Proposed System Wide Change: GCC6 =
* Jakub Jelínek < jakub AT redhat DOT com >
Switch GCC in Fedora 24 to 6.x.y, rebuild all packages with it, or
optionally rebuild just some packages with it and rebuild all packages
only in Fedora 25.
== Detailed Description ==
GCC 6 is currently in stage3, will move to stage4 around mid January,
in prerelease state with only regression bugfixes and documentation
fixes allowed. The release will happen probably in the middle of
April. We are working on scratch gcc rpms and will perform a test mass
== Scope ==
All packages should be rebuilt with the new gcc once it hits f24, or,
if there is not enough time for that, just all packages built after
the new gcc hits the buildroots.
* Build gcc in f24, rebuild packages that have direct dependencies on
exact gcc version (libtool, llvm, gcc-python-plugin, odb).
* First few days/weeks just voluntary rebuilds using the new system
gcc, if things fail, look at http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-6/porting_to.html
and fix bugs in packages or, if there is a gcc bug or suspected gcc
bug, analyze and report.
* Organize a mass rebuild, either in f24 or in f25
Policies and guidelines:
* No policies need to be changed
Platform & Fedora Program Manager
Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkynova 99/71, 612 45 Brno, Czech Republic