= Proposed System Wide Change: GHC 7.10 =
* Jens Petersen <petersen AT redhat DOT com>
Update Fedora's version of the GHC Haskell compiler to version 7.10.
== Detailed Description ==
GHC 7.10 is major new version of the de facto standard Haskell
compiler released in 2015. This change involves updating ghc and
associated packages and updating and rebuilding all the Haskell
packages in Fedora built with ghc.
== Scope ==
* Proposal owners:
- Create a Koji f25-ghc side tag for building all the packages [done]
- Update ghc and ghc-rpm-macros [done]
- Update and rebuild all the Haskell packages in the side tag
- Once building is complete move all the side tag builds to Rawhide
(before F25 branches)
* Other developers: None
A few packages outside the Haskell SIG may need an update to build
with ghc-7.10, but the Haskell SIG can provide assistance if needed.
* Release engineering: Sidetag (and secondary architecture building)
will need assistance from release-engineering.
* List of deliverables: not affected
* Policies and guidelines: None
* Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
Platform & Fedora Program Manager
Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkynova 99/71, 612 45 Brno, Czech Republic