= PHP 7.3 =
== Summary ==
Update the PHP stack in Fedora to latest version 7.3.x
== Owner ==
* Name: [[User:Remi| Remi Collet]] and [[SIGs/PHP|PHP SIG]]
* Email: remi at fedoraproject dot org
== Detailed Description ==
Update the PHP stack in Fedora to latest version 7.3.x.
First RC] was
released on Sept 13th
* PHP 7.3.0 is [https://wiki.php.net/todo/php73
planed] for end of
year, which seems compatible with Fedora roadmap.
Compatibility for PHP code is very good.
== Benefit to Fedora ==
Provides the latest PHP version to developers and system administrators.
== Scope ==
* Proposal owners: Check Koschei status. Test with latest version to
ensure compatibility. Work with upstream on bug fixing. Needed mass
rebuild (C extensions) done by change owner.
* Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
== How To Test ==
* The PHP stack (extensions and libraries) are monitored by Koschei,
see the https://apps.fedoraproject.org/koschei/groups/php?order_by=state%2C-started
* install and play with your web applications
== User Experience ==
Developers and system administrators will have the great benefit or
running the latest PHP version.
== Dependencies ==
All php-* packages (and some *-php)
== Contingency Plan ==
* Contingency mechanism: Drop not compatible packages.
== Documentation ==
Fedora Program Manager