= Proposed Self Contained Change: Bodhi Non-RPM Artifacts =
* Luke Macken <lmacken AT redhat DOT com>
Bodhi, the Fedora Updates System, should be able to process more than just RPMs.
== Detailed Description ==
As Fedora starts to deliver more than just RPMs and ISOs, we need a
way to handle delivering updates to these artifacts. Bodhi currently
handles this workflow for RPMs only, but we want to start using it for
other content, such as Docker containers, Flatpak apps, OSTrees, etc.
If it can be tagged in Koji, it should be accepted by Bodhi.
== Scope ==
* Proposal owners:
- Database model changes
- Masher modifications to the push process
- Web UI changes
- CLI modifications
- Unit tests
- Upstream tracker issue: https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/issues/653
* Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
- QA: Taskotron will need handle kicking off tests for non-RPM updates
- QA: Client-side updates-testing tools like fedora-easy-karma could
optionally be updated to detect these new artifacts
* Release engineering:
- We will need to ensure that the current signing process will work
with non-RPM content
- Ensure that the new content has a proper home in the directory structure.
* List of deliverables: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
Platform & Fedora Program Manager
Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkynova 99/71, 612 45 Brno, Czech Republic