= Proposed System Wide Change: Fedora 27 Boost 1.64 upgrade =
* Jonathan Wakely <jwakely AT fedoraproject DOT org >
This change brings Boost 1.64.0 to Fedora 27. This will mean F27 ships
with a recent upstream Boost release.
== Detailed Description ==
The aim is to synchronize Fedora with the most recent Boost release.
Because ABI stability is one of explicit Boost non-goals, this entails
rebuilding of all dependent packages. This has also always entailed
yours truly assisting maintainers of client packages in decoding
cryptic boost-ese seen in output from g++. Such care is to be expected
this time around as well.
The equivalent changes for previous releases were Fedora 22 Change and
Fedora 23 Change and Fedora 24 Change and Fedora 26 Change.
== Scope ==
* Proposal owners:
- Build will be done with Boost.Build v2 (which is the
upstream-sanctioned way of building Boost)
- Request a "f27-boost" build system tag (discussion
- Build boost into that tag (take a look at the build #606493 for
- Post a request for rebuilds to fedora-devel
- Work on rebuilding dependent packages in the tag.
- When most is done, re-tag all the packages to rawhide
- Watch fedora-devel and assist in rebuilding broken Boost clients (by
fixing the client, or Boost).
* Other developers:
Those who depend on Boost DSOs will have to rebuild their packages.
Feature owners will alleviate some of this work as indicated above,
and will assist those whose packages fail to build in debugging them.
* Release engineering: #6851 https://pagure.io/releng/issue/6851
** List of deliverables: All deliverables will include updated Boost packages
* Policies and guidelines:
Apart from scope, this is business as usual, so no policies, no guidelines.
* Trademark approval:
N/A (not needed for this Change)
Platform & Fedora Program Manager
Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkynova 99/71, 612 45 Brno, Czech Republic