= Features/Systemtap22 =
Feature owner(s): Lukas Berk <lberk(a)redhat.com>, Frank Ch. Eigler
A new feature release of Systemtap.
== Detailed description ==
Systemtap 2.2 will introduce several new features:
* Native Java per-method probing capabilities (using byteman)
Plus new features coming from the impending systemtap 2.1:
* A suite of error-explanation man pages.
* Perf event probes may now be read on demand
* Perf event probes may now be bound to a specific task using the process name
* The dyninst backend's runtime has been improved to allow much more
concurrency when probing multi-threaded processes