== Summary ==
Add an AArch64 KDE Plasma Desktop spin disk image to deliverables in Fedora
== Owner ==
* Name: [[User:ngompa | Neal Gompa]]
* Email: ngompa13(a)gmail.com
* Product: KDE Plasma
* Responsible WG: KDE SIG
== Detailed Description ==
We currently offer Workstation, Xfce, Minimal and Server images for use
with AArch64 computers. We would like to add a variant offering the KDE
== Benefit to Fedora ==
Better user experience and an additional desktop choice for AArch64
== Scope ==
* Proposal owners: The KDE SIG will make the kickstart changes needed to
support adding the desktop image to the compose.
* Other developers: N/A
* Release engineering: Enable building of the AArch64 KDE desktop image.
Small tweaks may be required to the pungi configs or fedora kickstarts but
those will be completed by the SIG and sent as pull requests. Issue[
* Policies and guidelines: N/A (not needed for this Change)
* Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
== Upgrade/compatibility impact ==
No upgrade compatibility required, this is a new image variant.
== How To Test ==
Testing can be completed on any supported AArch64 computer using the
existing arm-image-installer. Any additional instructions will be added to
the ARM installation documentation.
== User Experience ==
Users will have increased choice in desktop offerings for AArch64
computers. Those who wish to use the KDE Plasma Desktop on AArch64
computers will have an easy option to use.
== Dependencies ==
N/A (not a System Wide Change)
== Contingency Plan ==
* Contingency mechanism: N/A
* Contingency deadline: N/A
* Blocks release? No
* Blocks product? No
== Documentation ==
All documentation will be added or updated via the ARM Landing Page.
== Release Notes ==
He / Him / His
Senior Program Manager, Fedora & CentOS Stream