= Proposed System Wide Change: Mono 4 =
Change owner(s): Claudio Rodrigo Pereyra Diaz <elsupergomez(a)fedoraproject.org>
Update the Mono stack in Fedora from 2.10 to 4.*
== Detailed Description ==
Support for Mono versions 3.0 and 2.10 is been discontinued. No further development of bug
fixing is planned for those branches. Mono 4 is the active branch an have many
improvements . See upstream notes
Mono require it self to build. Actual version 2.10.8 is to old to build version 4 that
require at less version 3.4. At the moment on copr we use monolite a little version of
mono compiler shipped in the tarball for first build time.
We have two option to upgrade:
* Upgrade mono to version 3.4, then to version 3.12 and then to version 4.0.1 on rawhide
(actually 3.4 don't build on rawhide this need fixed)
* Make a one time exception of the rule for build mono 4.0.1-1 using monolite, later make
mono depend again on it self and rebuild mono 4.0.1-2 using mono-4.0.1-1 .
== Scope ==
* Proposal owners: Update mono spec and build in copr and/or koji until is ready.
* Other developers: See Upgrade/compatibility impact and Dependencies section
* Release engineering: None
* Policies and guidelines: None