= Proposed System Wide Change: Ruby on Rails 5.0 =
* Jun Aruga <jaruga(a)redhat.com>
* Pavel Valena <pvalena(a)redhat.com>
* Vít Ondruch <vondruch(a)redhat.com>
* Ruby SIG <ruby-sig(a)lists.fedoraproject.org>
Ruby on Rails 5.0 is the latest version of well known web framework written in
== Detailed Description ==
The Ruby on Rails stack is evolving quickly and Fedora needs to keep pace with
it. Therefore the whole Ruby on Rails stack should be updated from 4.2 in
Fedora 24 to 5.0 (latest version) in Fedora 25. This will ensure that all the
Ruby developers using Fedora have the latest and greatest RPM-packaged Ruby on
== Scope ==
* Proposal owners:
- The whole Rails stack has to be updated
- Some dependencies of the Rails stack will need update
Full list of packages needed by Rails 5.0 to generate basic application and
list of optional packages, required by the basic Ruby on Rails application are
availble in the Change page.
The lists are compiled from the result of "bundle list" and
after both installing rails, and creating new Rails app.
* Other developers: Update Rails dependent packages to be working with Ruby on
* Release engineering: Not needed.
* Policies and guidelines: Not needed
* Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)