== Summary ==
mod_php (apache2handler) is an optional httpd module to execute PHP
scripts, not used.
== Owner ==
* Name: [[User:Remi| Remi Collet]]
* Email: remi at fedoraproject dot org
== Detailed Description ==
By default php-fpm is used for a few versions. mod_php is not
supported for threaded modules. mod_php usage also increases security
risk, sharing the same process than httpd.
Drop mod_php from php build. This will only affect user of httpd in
"prefork" mode, which will also use php-fpm.
php-fpm is already used but most users of httpd and nginx without any issue.
The "php" package will be kept as a metapackage, installing (weak
dependencies) most commonly used extension, thus reducing the
difference between "yum install php" (flat repository) and "yum module
install php" (modular repository).
== Benefit to Fedora ==
Only provide the modern way to execute PHP in a web server.
== Scope ==
PHP rebuild (mod_php build is already conditional)
* Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Release engineering: N/A
* Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
== Upgrade/compatibility impact ==
N/A (not a System Wide Change)
== How To Test ==
* install and play with your web applications
== User Experience ==
== Dependencies ==
None (dependency on "php" is already forbidden by Guidelines)
== Contingency Plan ==
* Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Blocks release? N/A (not a System Wide Change), Yes/No
* Blocks product? product
== Documentation ==
He / Him / His
Senior Program Manager, Fedora & CentOS Stream