== Summary ==
Upgrade to Vagrant 2.2, the latest stable version of Vagrant. Enable
QEMU Session by default.
== Owner ==
* Name: [[User:pvalena | Pavel Valena]], [[User:vondruch | Vit Ondruch]]
* Email: pvalena(a)redhat.com, vondruch(a)redhat.com
* Release notes owner:
== Detailed Description ==
Vagrant 2.2 is new upstream's major release, that includes many
features, improvements, and and bug fixes.
Using '''qemu:///session''' instead of
will run unprivileged.
== Benefit to Fedora ==
* Enable QEMU Session by default. With this, there's no need for user
to input any password, or be present in some group. Everyone is able
to use Vagrant, regardless of group or other ACLs.
* Add host support for void linux
* Add support for VirtualBox 6.0
* Add command for uploading files to guest
== Scope ==
* Proposal owners:
** Finish packaging Vagrant 2.2. Current changes:
** Finish packaging Vagrant-Libvirt plugin. Current changes:
** Work has been done in a Copr repository:
* Other developers: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Release engineering: [https://pagure.io/releng/issues
of deliverables]]: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Policies and guidelines: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Trademark approval: N/A (not needed for this Change)
== Upgrade/compatibility impact ==
Because of QEMU Session enabled by defailt, a failure occurs with if
test_vm.vm.network :private_network, :ip => "172.16.0.2"
Can be solved by setting `libvirt.qemu_use_session = false` in Vagrantfile.
== How To Test ==
* No special hardware is needed.
* Install Vagrant
* Run ```vagrant version```
* Use your Vagrantfiles or create new as before
* If something doesn't work as it should, let us know.
== User Experience ==
New features that come with Vagrant 2.2 will be available.
Users will not need to add themseles to any group, or have root ACLs
and input a password every time they use Vagrant.
== Dependencies ==
N/A (not a System Wide Change)
== Contingency Plan ==
* Contingency mechanism: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Contingency deadline: N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Blocks release? N/A (not a System Wide Change)
* Blocks product? N/A (not a System Wide Change)
== Documentation ==
== Release Notes ==
Fedora Program Manager