-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On 02/22/2018 11:16 PM, Owen Taylor wrote:
On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 4:29 PM, Dusty Mabe <dusty(a)dustymabe.com
In the interest of trying to make things less confusing I suggest the name of this
repo be something different.
- - We have pagure/atomic-wg which is for the atomic (host) working group.
- - We have pagure/fedora-atomic which is for definitions of what goes into FAH
- - We have pagure/workstation-ostree-config: defs for what goes into FAW
- - We have pagure/atomic-ws: deprecated version of workstation-ostree-config
- - We *now* have pagure/fedora-atomic-workstation, which is arguably where
pagure/workstation-ostree-config should be
- - We also have the *group* pagure/atomic/* so we can nest things under /atomic/
- for example we could create pagure/atomic/workstation-sig
And pagure/fedora-workstation - which is for the Workstation working group. (And a group
My strong suggestion is that we have *sig* somewhere in the name of the repo.
My other suggestion is that we try to figure out a better structure for these
repos (maybe nesting more of them under pagure/atomic/)
I certainly agree the proliferation of inconsistently named repositories is confusing. I
talked about naming with Matthias, and we though that a just-spell-it-out approach seemed
least likely to run into mental confusion...
* Is it atomic/workstation or fedora-workstation/atomic?
* Is it atomic-workstation or atomic-ws
But why no -sig if the idea is to be maximally spelled out? Well, partly I didn't
think of it, because i was following the model of fedora-workstation, which is not
workstation-wg. But also, the idea of this project is that it's issue tracking not
just for the SIG, but for Fedora Atomic Workstation as a composition and running system -
this allows us to easily promote things to agenda items by adding a "meeting"
There doesn't seem to be any obvious renaming facilities in Pagure, but we could
perhaps get things moved by the admins if we figure out a good structure. Or at least a
_better_ structure - if fedora-workstation, atomic-wg, fedora-atomic are fixed points,
we're not going to get to consistency.
but no one is working on it. anyone interested?
* We could delete my new fedora-atomic-workstation and move workstation-ostree-config
to that name and use that as the issue tracking for the system and sig?
Not sure why, but I do prefer to keep the config separate from the issue tracker for
atomic workstation as a whole. I look at the sig tracker as a tracker for all things
related to atomic workstation (which could include changes to the config or not).
* Maybe atomic-ws could be moved to old-atomic-ws or something like
that to make it a little less obtrusive
We could just delete that repo at this point IMHO. workstation-ostree-config, however
is something I would want to rename rather than delete (i.e. I would want existing
issue/PR https links to still work.
Do people have better ideas to try to get to something more globally consistent?
Unfortunately without the ability to move repos around then I don't have good
ideas. The only thing we *could* do is say "if we were able to move repos around
what would be the desired structure?" and go with that for new repos.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----