Here is another update on the progress of this effort:
1) We have renamed the tree to get rid of the provisional 'foo-host'.
If you've checked out the image last week, you can switch to the new
rpm-ostree rebase workstation:fedora-atomic-workstation/rawhide/x86_64/default
2) David has put his configs for the tree compose up at https://pagure.
io/atomic-workstation-config . This was my first experience with
pagure, and I have to say, it is pretty nice.
3) We've tweaked the configs to get the content much closer to the
current live image:
- documentation is now installed
- we don't use install_langs anymore
- various space saving hacks were dropped
- cloud-specific additions (eg iscsi in the initramfs) were dropped
- the package list has been synced with the workstation live image
- we boot to graphical
4) We've met with Amanda Carter to discuss release engineering tasks
related to this work; Owen has written a proposal for minimal koji
integration for xdg-app here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Workstatio
- David is trying out the installer-building capability of rpm-ostree-
- Owen has set up a local koji to investigate xdg-app building more