On Tue, 2011-01-11 at 13:43 +0000, Adam Williamson wrote:
Hi, all. Just wondering if changes to comps for F15 (GNOME 3) have
considered already. It'd be good to have any necessary changes made ASAP
so that nightlies start to resemble what F15 final will look like, as
much as possible.
For a start it seems sensible to make gnome-shell mandatory, and maybe
gnome-panel would be default rather than mandatory. Per
, we'll also need
gnome-themes-standard to be installed by default, and I'm not sure
anything currently causes that; though adding it to comps may not be the
best approach, as that won't fix updates.
Are there any other necessary changes?
I've made a first pass over comps and the spin kickstart files. Some
things I've made:
- replace gnome-themes by gnome-themes-standard, as you've noticed
- don't include librsvg3 (which had only a very brief existence)
- update our exclusions to exclude libreoffice instead of ooo
After these changes, I end up with a 730M desktop spin, even without
As far as further necessary changes, I see at least the following:
- finish packaging cantarell fonts, and include them
- smoke out perl dependencies again
- look at other ways to save some space