On Fri, May 02, 2014 at 02:14:57PM +1000, Greg wrote:
since i cant find anything new on this topic. im gonna ask . when is
3.12 gonna be pushed to the Fedora repo's? or is it still in
Discussion? if it is can someone point me to where i can follow the
conversation about this please.
It's still pending discussion, but there hasn't been much of that following
the initial flurry.
It might be useful to collect possible blockers:
1. Extension compatibility -- no one answered my question about the accuracy
of the popularity sort at <https://extensions.gnome.org/>
;. It looks like
most of the most popular extensions _are_ updated, and maybe a
concentrated effort could be made on, say, the top 20 that aren't yet.
2. Extension upgrades -- if we can install and activate drago01's extension
which notifies users of out-of-date extensions, users will still get
broken extensions after the upgrade but will at least get a notification
explaining what to do.
3. The UI change overall -- yes, this would be an exception to policy. But,
sheesh, have you seen the Firefox 29 changes that just went live? That
has a much bigger impact on my practical UI than any GNOME 3.10 -> 3.12
4. Possible regression bugs not yet resolved?
5. Possible problems with new versions affecting other desktops?
Matthew Miller -- Fedora Project -- <mattdm(a)fedoraproject.org>
"Tepid change for the somewhat better!"