First impressions of the LiveCD desktop
We want it to be uncluttered, and to show off the coolest stuff in the
most obvious way. To that end:
- do we need the SCIM module in the top right?
The i18n people were adamant about turning scim on for everybody when it is installed,
even though we asked for it to be restricted to certain locales...
- do we need the Desktop search module in the top right?
This should be gone in rawhide.
- "calendar" in the office section is actually Evolution
crashes when you close it
- "email" in the top launcher is also Evolution, and it too crashes
(obviously) when you close it.
- "tasks" in the office section -- same thing
- so shouldn't it just have one more generalized name?
The crash is a known bug, Matt is working on it. If you look closely,
the four menuitems start evolution with different views. This was done because we
believe that it is better to deemphasize the all-in-one-app aspect of evolution,
and emphasize the individual tasks.
- "Other->Theme Installer" doesn't do anything,
and should be
This missed the test3 freeze, should be fixed in rawhide.
- "System->About Fedora" can't load properly due
This should no longer be an issue, since we managed to squeeze the distro
far enough to make doc-ectomy unnecessary.