Thanks a lot!
from twohot(a)device.mobile :)
From: Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert(a)googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 14:07:15
To: Fedora Design Team<design-team(a)lists.fedoraproject.org>
Reply-To: Fedora Design Team <design-team(a)lists.fedoraproject.org>
Subject: [Design-team] MyPaint 1.0 is available
Dear Design Team members,
today I have a very special gift for you: MyPaint 1.0. I know that many
of you have been waiting for this one and I'm sorry it took so long, but
I've put a lot of effort into it.
Unfortunately I cannot push it to Fedora 15 or 16 because the UI has
changed and brushes were removed/renamed/updates. This constitutes a
"change in the user experience" which is not allowed by our update
guidelines. I therefor have created a MyPaint repository at
To get the latest and greatest mypaint, please download
to /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-mypaint.repo and run
$ yum update mypaint
Rawhide users don't need to do this, they should see 1.0 on the mirrors
Some notes about this release:
* The "Deevad" brush set was renamed to "Set #2".
* The "Ramon" set was renamed to "Set#1".
* I have added the additional Ramon2 brush set.
* If you order your mypaint package today, you even get the
"Concept Design" set on top FOR FREE! Can you believe it? ;)
* If you are missing your favorite brush, download and install the
"08" package from http://wiki.mypaint.info/Brush_Packages
* You can change the names and the order of the brushes by editing
* I am thinking about adding more backgrounds from
Do you think it is worth it or will the package become to big
then? It has already become huge in this release, ~ 38 MB.
If you are having any problems with the packages, please let me know.
P.S.: If somebody wants to become co-maintainer of the package, he is
more than welcome. I really would like to see a designer as additional
design-team mailing list