I think we should consider a use case approach. A few use cases off the top of my head:
- sharing common resources like inkscape templates
- collaborating on the wallpaper or another project
- collecting safe-to-use photos/illustrations for the magazine
- archiving old artwork for inspiration or potential reuse (but without a specific need)
- distributing fedora logos to team members
I'm sure there are others I'm not considering right now.
It might help to list out the kind of things we want to include, but then think about _why_ we want to include them when figuring out how to organize it all into specific repos. That way, for our most common use cases, we can set up repos where you can clone a repo and get everything you need, while minimizing what you don't need.
As far as the banner ad you mentioned, IMO it should go in the repo, but I think the use case would be archival more than anything else.