Recently, a few new Badges tickets were added to the Trac, specific to
on-boarding new contributors to the project. There are three tickets
related to this, two of which are new proposals.
* Hot Topic: https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-badges/ticket/441
* Licensed to Push: https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-badges/ticket/442
* Speak Up! II - IV: https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-badges/ticket/443
I was hoping to get your feedback about these badges and see if any
designers might be interested in tackling these. All of the above badges
are unique in the sense that they are globally applicable across the
entire Fedora Project. All the sub-projects use mailing lists, most (if
not all) have regular IRC meetings, and many development-oriented groups
use Pagure as a place to work on projects.
We're hoping to use some of these badge proposals as tools for all
sub-projects to help get new members started in contributing to Fedora.
These badges fit into a number of series the CommOps team has come up
with for on-boarding processes for all Fedora sub-projects.
Thanks for your time, and let me know if you have any questions!
Justin W. Flory
The voting for the supplemental wallpaper is open now, dont forget to vote.
The design team has an higher amount of points to waive away, that makes
sure the chosen wallpaper are from high quality, so dont forget to vote and
claim the badge.
make me rich, buy my Inkscape book http://is.gd/yq5OD0 ;)
So our meeting time isn't working out since US daylight savings time kicked in. Let's try to set another time. Here is the whenisgood:
Let's try to fill this out by April 19th so we'll have a new time set before the next meeting?
Here's our meetbot link from the meeting today:
Quick copy/pasta summary is below:
1) We're going to change the meeting time so more folks can make the meeting.
2) mleonova and elioqoshi both ran badge workshops recently; mleonova's was yesterday in Brno and elioqoshi's was two weeks ago at the Fedora/Mozilla FAD in Kosovo. They went pretty well; people found the templates / assets and Inkscape itself easy to use. elioqoshi had 1 hr and wished he had 2 hr to run the workshop; mleonova's event had people coming and going in waves. A couple of people at mleonova's event ended up getting FAS accounts to continue badge work.
3) elioqoshi is writing an article to promote participation in Fedora Design on site point; he will be sending a draft for feedback / proofreading in the next few days. (example: http://www.sitepoint.com/sourcehunt-design-february-make-mark/)
4) We gave Ryan some feedback on a Red Hat Summit poster he is designing for a Fedora booth. (see https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/435 if you'd like to give feedback or just enjoy the cool artwork!)
Looking for a ticket to work on?
1) Try https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/414 (Logo for Fedora Italian Community). We have a logo template you can use for this which can make it quick and easy. Email logo@fpo for the template.
2) Try https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/432 (Update Fedora Logic Model Template Graphic Design). mattdm posted some good links / resources to get started on this one.
1) mizmo to ping decause re: next steps for #405 (Help designing and laying out an infographic or other digital document for Fedora Council's EDU Objective.)
2) mizmo to ping puiterwijk re: #199 (Interface and Usability refresh for ask.fedoraproject.org)