I'm a developer and, in my quest to the perfect free license, I've found
the copyleft-next project.
The copyleft-next license (the next 0.4.0 version) seems to fulfill what
I'm looking for but I would like some confirmations.
The license I search should :
- Ensures my code (and its modification) will be free however it is used.
- Lets users choose how to use the code (even with proprietary code)
If fact, I would like some kind of AGPLv3 + LGPLv3.
The next 0.4.0 version of copyleft-next seems to have those properties :
- The section 3 provides the "Affero clause"
- The definition of "Enhancement" exclude the simple usage a my code
from the license.
So a code using my library (import a python module in my case) should
not have to be free.
- But it missing the anti-tivoization clause.
Am I right ?
One another question : when do you plan to release the 0.4.0 version ?
PS : I'm french and not a lawyer, please adapt my language to yours :)