You've probably noticed how everyone else is updating their privacy
policy. The Cockpit Project is updating our own too.
1. In most circumstances, the Cockpit Project does not actively collect
2. We do, however, use mailing lists, IRC, and GitHub — and all of these
third party services require at least a little bit of your personal
3. The website is static, doesn't track, and does not set cookies.
4. The website makes use of embedded videos, especially in blog posts.
These videos are hosted by YouTube, a Google company, which would see
your IP address when the videos are loaded. We have turned off cookies
for these videos.
5. We may collect some small amounts of personal information from people
at conferences, during usability tests, or to respond back to someone
over email. This information usually consists of names, email addresses,
and sometimes a fewother personal details.
We have a new page that outlines the above and goes into more detail
(including a large helping of legalese) on our website at:
On the privacy page, there are links to contact third parties (and to
read their own privacy policies too), as well as a lot of details that
could cover all sorts of situations.
Thanks for reading!