I like your ideas about dates and items.
About slider, yes, it will be implemented, but later with JS based player.
About recording inside pane - player should be resizable.
What do you think about whole this pane will be resized together with
Right now player is inside separate pane which is also resized together
Thank you for providing very nice looking image. As I see from it - sidebar
Cockpit was changed, we will rebase on top of latest Cockpit version soon.
On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 6:53 PM, Andreas Nilsson <lists(a)andreasn.se> wrote:
On 2017-08-23 09:30, Kyrylo Gliebov wrote:
> I'm working on Session Recording UI for Cockpit.
> It might become a separate module or part of Cockpit master.
> We together with Nikolai Kondrashov want to start the discussion
> about design to match your standard of Cockpit project.
> Here some design ideas for Session Recording:
Hi! I wanted to reach out to you on IRC, but meetings swamped up my day,
and now it's getting late.
Anyway, I made these the other day. My goals for it was to:
* Harmonize the date format so it's consistent with the Logs (name of
* Simplify the time format to make it easier to read. For example, don't
show the year, unless it's not the same as the current year.
* Show full name, and not only user name, to ease identification.
* Showing how many items are currently shown and the total number to
* Use a slider to indicate location in the recording, but also to scrub
* Put the recording inside the same pane as the info, to harmonize with
how we embed terminals elsewhere in Cockpit (see Containers page for
I also did some experiments with trying to make it easier to show
predefined date ranges (last 24 hours, last 7 days, last 30 days etc),
but didn't manage to come up with anything I was satisfied enough with yet.
I'll probably ping you on IRC about this tomorrow as well.
cockpit-devel mailing list -- cockpit-devel(a)lists.fedorahosted.org
To unsubscribe send an email to cockpit-devel-leave(a)lists.fedorahosted.org
Red Hat Czech