On 2017-08-23 09:30, Kyrylo Gliebov wrote:
> I'm working on Session Recording UI for Cockpit.
> It might become a separate module or part of Cockpit master.
> We together with Nikolai Kondrashov want to start the discussion
> about design to match your standard of Cockpit project.
> Here some design ideas for Session Recording:
Hi! I wanted to reach out to you on IRC, but meetings swamped up my day,
and now it's getting late.
Anyway, I made these the other day. My goals for it was to:
* Harmonize the date format so it's consistent with the Logs (name of
* Simplify the time format to make it easier to read. For example, don't
show the year, unless it's not the same as the current year.
* Show full name, and not only user name, to ease identification.
* Showing how many items are currently shown and the total number to
* Use a slider to indicate location in the recording, but also to scrub
* Put the recording inside the same pane as the info, to harmonize with
how we embed terminals elsewhere in Cockpit (see Containers page for
com/cockpit-project/cockpit- design/ d29f0a907c5cfb85cb0cdbd2b38fcb c3d480214d/users/session- recording.png
I also did some experiments with trying to make it easier to show
predefined date ranges (last 24 hours, last 7 days, last 30 days etc),
but didn't manage to come up with anything I was satisfied enough with yet.
I'll probably ping you on IRC about this tomorrow as well.