I am new to using Cockpit. When I created a virtual machine I found the following issues;
1) I cannot find a way to add another network device.
2) I cannot find a way to manage (view, add/remove) the sound device (so fundamental).
3) I cannot find a way to manage (view, add/remove) the video device (so fundamental).
4) I cannot find a way to manage (view, add/remove), well any of the virtual hardware
devices other than a hard disk drive storage device (the network device can be modified,
the cdrom, if one exists can be removed but not re-added).
5) In "Networking" I can add a bridge (this functionality has been removed from
Virt-Manager due to the effort to maintain the code), but the bridge is not available in
Virtual Machines to be attached to a network device. This is kind of fundamental, or a
basic concept, I am so confused why not. I can use virsh to add it, but that is not the
point, the UI if it is going to create the bridge, should then add it to the list of
virtual devices, or all the user to do so. Virt-Manager used to do this, until bridge
creation was removed.
6) Sometimes the virtual cdrom device is available, sometime times it is not visible. It
can only be added when the VM is created, after which you can remove it, but you can never
attach another dvd/cdrom ISO, or reattach another virtual cdrom drive.
7) there is no way to add a floppy disk drive. A floppy disk drive can be useful for
installing specific drivers that can be loaded using floppy disks during the OS
installation. For example, virtio drivers for when creating a Windows 10 virtual machine.
8) At first there were 0 Storage Pools, but after creating the VM there were then 2
Storage Pools. I found this a little confusing at the beginning, but did not stop me from
creating a VM.
I wonder if I am doing something incorrectly?