On behalf of the Beaker development team, I'm pleased to announce that
Beaker v0.15.3 is now available from beaker-project.org
In addition to releasing a new version of Beaker itself, we have also
released new versions of the default beah test harness, the rhts test
environment and development library and the standard reservesys and
Some of the most notable changes for all Beaker users include:
* The new beah release includes preliminary support for IPv6
* Beaker now monitors the console log (if available) for failures
during Anaconda installation and terminates the recipe promptly
with an appropriate message rather than waiting for the external
watchdog to time out.
* The autopartitioning scheme used on newer versions of Anaconda is
now configurable in the recipe XML.
* The new "bkr system-status" subcommand provides remote access to
various aspects of the system state that were previously only
available in the main web UI.
* The CSS for the system page has been adjusted to be more readable
in the new Bootstrap based theme. Longer term, the plan is to
redesign the system page to properly account for the additional
features it has accumulated over time .
For Beaker administrators, additional notable changes include:
* The new ``beaker-create-kickstart`` command line utility makes
it easier to create and debug kickstart templates and snippets.
* The system CSV export and import feature now support bulk
renaming of systems.
A more detailed description of these and other changes can be found in
the updated Beaker 0.15 release notes .
The detailed list of all changes made since Beaker v0.15.2 is also
Red Hat Infrastructure Engineering & Development, Brisbane
Testing Solutions Team Lead
Beaker Development Lead (http://beaker-project.org/