I identified following critical issues totalling in ~8.5d dividing us
from usable harness. I would like to keep ~2d reserve for newly found
problems. I tried not to be too optimistic, thus these estimates should
represent upper boundaries.
Testing: run more tests (~1d, @ASAP, ongoing)
- test local watchdog, multihost
- retest on RHEL4, RHEL5
- report any new critical issues.
Fix: Leaking memory (1.5d, work-in-progress)
Known problem with multi-host and forwarder.
Add: Improved reporting (2d)
Some events go unnoticed. Capture and format them and upload as text
file to Scheduler. Audience: tester.
Create an event log. Capture all incoming events (excluding
file_write`s) and upload to server. Audience: tools.
Add: Runtime storage (1d)
At the moment not everything what needs to be persistent i.e. to survive
harness restart is. And the little what is persistent is using simple
directory being pickled to/unpickled from disk, which is suboptimal for
Will use shelve to store persistent data. shelve is working fine with
Fix: Synchronization issues (~2d)
Task was for unknown reasons not finished correctly and results were
assigned to following task.
Other, non-critical, issues:
Change: Local watchdog (~1d)
- this is currently implemented in rhts-test-runner.sh
- want to move it to Controller
Fix: backends do not daemonize properly. (~2d)
Backends can not be stopped with 'service ... stop'.
Fix: EL4: beah-srv not restarted. (~1d)
May be timing issue, trying to listen on busy TCP/IP port.
And more for next point release.
Planned work on LVM (1d spread all over next week)
- testing changes against nightly builds.
- improving test
Show replies by date