On behalf of the Beaker developers, I am pleased to announce that Beaker
0.12 has been released. More than 50 bugs (including new features) were
fixed in this release.
Some of the new features introduced in this release are:
- Provisional support for alternative harnesses.
- Live role environment variables.
- New system loan interface and comment fields.
- Disk information in inventory.
A number of other notable changes (some of them potentially backwards
incompatible) were made. These include:
- Asynchronous updates on job status (to eliminate several race conditions).
- Task names limited to 255 characters (to allow indexing and hence
- Kickstart sections are properly terminated for RHEL 6 (to ensure
correct behaviour when making additional repos available during
Pre-built packages and source archives are available for download from
To read the release notes in full please go to . The project
documentation is available at .
Due to some regressions  found in the initial 0.12 release, the
current release is actually 0.12.1
If you have any feedback about this release or just want some help, the
best way to interact with Beaker developers and users is
the #beaker IRC channel on irc.freenode.net
. Alternatively, you can post
your question to the beaker-devel mailing list .
Red Hat Infrastructure Engineering & Development, Brisbane
Python Applications Team Lead
Beaker Development Lead (http://beaker-project.org/
PulpDist Development Lead (http://pulpdist.readthedocs.org