I'm a Fedora desktop user and have a couple of Dreamplugs with a JTAG I'm
working with and trying to get Fedora on.
However, both the Fedora 17 image and the current nightly Fedora 18 image
soft lockup on boot, at about the same place.
I was wondering what the next steps in debugging this would be, and if I
can help in any way to test builds, file bugs, etc. I would love to
contribute and help out and use a Dreamplug as a test box. I'm new to ARM
and embedded systems, but am willing to learn (would love to know how to
build a uImage, SD card .xz file, etc.)
Here are links to full console output (including printenv and bdinfo
command output) of my Fedora 17 attempt:
and my Fedora 18 snapshot attempt (pulled today, October 2, 2012):
Thanks for any advice on next steps you can provide, and looking forward to
helping in whatever way I can.
Good day all,
This weeks Fedora ARM status meeting will take place today (Wednesday Oct 3rd) in #fedora-meeting-1 on Freenode.
Times in various time zones (please let us know if these do not work):
Current items on the agenda:
1) F18/19 Build status - problem packages
2) Fedora 18 kernel status
3) F18 alpha test images
4) Your topic here
If you have any other items you would like to discuss that are not mentioned, please feel free to send an email to the list or bring it up at the end of the meeting.
On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 9:54 PM, Scott Sullivan <scott(a)ss.org> wrote:
> On 10/02/2012 04:49 PM, Peter Robinson wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 8:46 PM, Scott Sullivan <scott(a)ss.org> wrote:
>> I'd be interested how you get on with a F-18 kickstart install. F-17supported
>> is now stable so F-18 is where we're aiming development now.
> I was taking David Marlin's lead here and waiting for the newer stable
> kernel builds. Once those are available I'll do a compose and attempt an
Stable and Fedora are kernels are generally mutually exclusive at the
moment so I wouldn't wait :-)
There's a 3.6.0-1 build that should appear in today's compose and I
would like feed back on it so we can move it towards stability on our
supported ARM configurations. I don't have any form of kirkwood device
so I need people to test and feedback.
PS please keep on list.