On Fri, Jan 5, 2018, at 2:46 PM, ANDREW WARD wrote:
Both subject events are on the same dates, primarily my event is SELF, I
have in the past planned TXLF. North America will need to decide if we
are going to attend TXLF this year representing Fedora, since TXLF 2017
did not happen, 2018 has it on the same weekend as Southeast Linux fest.
I am asking if there are any ambassadors in Texas that would be
interested in planning the event. Please let me know.
I am not in favor of attending events solely because we have done so in the past. Instead
I think we should carefully consider these in terms of our goals. Specifically:
* Do we have clear objectives for both events?
* Would we be better off putting all of our efforts into one of them to ensure a higher
level of success and better outcomes?
* How do these events align with our project goals, objectives and mission?
* Who is likely to be in attendance? Are they likely to become contributors or users?
* What is our message for each event? How does that align with the themes of the events?
* Do we have talks submitted we can support with a booth presence?