From Saturday 1st to Sunday 2nd of April, the French Fedora community was represented by
the Borsalinux-FR association ( https://www.borsalinux-fr.org/
) at the 24th edition of
"les Journées du Logiciel Libre" (Free Software Days in French) in Lyon, France.
More informations at https://jdll.org/
(only in french).
The event main theme was "Shared cultures".
There were fewer Linux distributions and associations than in the past (CoViD): Rézine,
Grézille, FFDN, Illyse, HADOLY, April, La Contre-Voie, Framasoft, Picasoft, Infini,
JabberFR (XMPP), Wikimédia France, Stand communautaire Héraultais, La Mouette, Parti
pirate, Union communiste libertaire, Attac, Globenet, Ritimo et Co, Solidaires, Omeka,
Scenarii, Ancestris, Joplin, XWiki, CryptPad, Tracim, GaäMundi, Campus du Libre, Colibre,
Probesys, Les Scop du Numérique, PLOSS-RA, Linux et la musique, Vikidia, Dictionnaire des
francophones, Zeste de Savoir, Libre en Communs, Auteurs libres, YunoHost,
Borsalinux-Fr/Fedora, Mageia, Alionet, openSUSE, Haiku, /e/OS, Aciah-Linux, S2S-Peertube
dédié à la LSF, Skeptikon, ALDIL, Le clavier autrement, BEPO/Ergodis, Robotique-Je
fabrique mon robot et je le pilote, Chantier Libre, LOL, LALIS, Jeux de société libres,
0.A.D. Empire Ascendant, Les webradios libres.
In a few numbers :
- just over 700 visitors;
- 81 conferences;
- 30 workshops;
- 54 stands;
- 13 activities for children.
Behind the Fedora / Borsalinux-fr booth:
* Nicolas BERREHOUC aka Nicosss;
On Saturday and Sunday we talked with many people.
Various questions and comments:
- discovery of GNU/Linux distributions and possibility to use a Live to try ;
- discovery of the **Fedora Project** ;
- discovery of **Fedora-Fr** and its french community ;
- discovery of the **Borsalinux-fr** association which is behind **Fedora-Fr** ;
- possibility or not to leave Windows with their current PC ;
- search for a distribution for parents who are not familiar with computers;
- a lot of feedback from system administrators who install **Fedora Linux** to have recent
- confirmation of last year's feedback about the possibility to play without problems
under **Fedora Linux** so no need to restart in Windows;
- positive feedback from a user of **Fedora Core OS** but we could not exchange more on
his uses (Fedora KDE user coming from Arch Linux);
- thanks for the work done to get a stable and quality distribution;
- thanks for the existence of **Fedora-Fr** with its forum and its documentation for the
- why we still don't have any goodies with the latest logo ;
- 1 LiveUSB F37 Workstation created this year for a student in Admin Sys who was directed
to our booth by a Fedora Linux user;
- 3 installations of F37 Workstation made directly on the booth, by former Ubuntu users.
Thanks to Casper for being here despite the distance of the trip to assist me.
It was also an opportunity to say hello IRL to number80 and Sereinity from Lyon and many
others from Fedora and Jabberfr chatrooms (jabberfr.org
Gaia was this year again on a robotics booth but still uses Fedora Linux for its Arduino.
GNOME community was not present this year again but I don't know why.
Some media of this year’s event and past editions are available at the link
and soon the videos of the 2023 conferences on peertube
All exchanges are available on
(only in french).
Thanks everyone and see you next year in the same place!