I had conducted a one-day Fedora, Free Software workshop at the
Bachelor of Computer Applications department, Maharaja Sayajirao
University of Baroda (Vadodara), Gujarat, India on Saturday, December
Thanks to VGLUG  for coordinating with me for the past few months
in organizing this event. I would like to thank the Fedora project for
sponsoring the travel.
* The BCA department lab systems were equipped to run on Fedora 12,
and we used it for couple of the hands-on sessions:
- Use of git: di-git-ally managing love letters 
- Packaging Fedora RPM 
* I had also addressed the following topics:
- i-want-2-do-project. tell-me-wat-2-do-fedora 
- Badam Halwa of Embedded Systems 
* Participants were from the BCA department, and had also come from
Ahmedabad . Vadodara (Baroda) connects to Ahmedabad via a 95km
* Free/Open Source Software is officially included in the Gujarat
state school syllabus for higher secondary (XI and XII). In the coming
years it is expected to be even introduced from standard VIII.
* The Department coordinator and Professor V A Kalamkar is happy to
facilitate work between VGLUG, and the students for Free/Open Source
Software projects. We hope to have more interaction with them in the
* VGLUG members are also keen on participating in the Fedora project
at various sub-projects of their interests.
* Due to the political crisis  in Hyderabad, I was uncertain about
reaching the Hyderabad airport, and thus making it to the workshop.
The bandh was withdrawn for December 25th, and when I made it the
airport on the 25th, the scheduled flight was cancelled. So, I had to
re-schedule a different flight, but, the airline officials said they
couldn't guarantee if I will make it to my connecting flight in
Mumbai. This re-scheduled flight got delayed even further. Luckily, my
connecting flight also got delayed, and I finally managed to make it
* As customary, here are some photos taken during the trip:
 VGLUG. http://www.vglug.info
 di-git-ally managing love letters.
 Packaging RPM.
 i-want-2-do-project. tell-me-wat-2-do-fedora.
 Badam Halwa of Embedded Systems.
 Ahmedabad. http://wikitravel.org/en/Ahmedabad
 National Expressway 1.
 Bandh hits life at Telangana.