On Tue, 29 Jul 2008, rafael liu wrote:
What do you think about getting a session with the slides, organized
by subject and maybe depth with the guidelines on how the presentation
should flow? Slides made thinking about it, standardize, updated,
revised by experts on that area in the community. It may seem like I'm
talking in favor of dumb, incapable people, but it's really because
there are those of us with the willing but without directions.
I would be happy to work with you.
The workflow seems clear to me:
1) Inventory all pages on the wiki where we have presentations.
2) Consolidate everything into one page, probably living at
3) Create a /Presentations/Archive for old or outdated talks.
4) Inventory the "current" talks into categories based on subject matter
or "potential audience", and have a clear description, owner, and "last
updated" field for each talk. Do this in a way that makes it easy for
someone to take a slide deck, translate it, and make that translation
available as well.
5) Designate someone (I volunteer) to be the overall gatekeeper who
makes sure that the content we are making available is current, and that
old presentations are archived when it's time.