as Fedora 16 is around the corner, FAmSCo elections are, too.
All 7 seats in FAmSCo are up for re-election. This means:
1. we need at least 7 people who run for FAmSco
2. we need you to ask the candidates your questions
3. we need somebody to gather these questions and do the
4. we need people to chair the IRC townhall meetings with the
According to the schedule  the townhalls should happen until Friday,
October 28th, 2011. This means we need to hurry with all other items.
The questionnaire will take place in the wiki. The person to organize it
will set up a page their for your questions, mail all candidates and
collect their answers and put them on the wiki again. Of course this
should be somebody who is not running for FAmSCo.
If you want to run for FAmSCo or if you have suggestions who should run,
please speak up!
There is nothing wrong with making suggestions, in fact I consider it a
good thing, but please contact the person in question before you suggest
her/him in public.
Please help us forming a strong FAmSCo for the next year!
Adir Shemesh wants to stay in better touch using some of Google's coolest new
If you already have Gmail or Google Talk, visit:
You'll need to click this link to be able to chat with Adir Shemesh.
To get Gmail - a free email account from Google with over 2,800 megabytes of
storage - and chat with Adir Shemesh, visit:
- Instant messaging right inside Gmail
- Powerful spam protection
- Built-in search for finding your messages and a helpful way of organizing
emails into "conversations"
- No pop-up ads or untargeted banners - just text ads and related information
that are relevant to the content of your messages
All this, and its yours for free. But wait, there's more! By opening a Gmail
account, you also get access to Google Talk, Google's instant messaging
Google Talk offers:
- Web-based chat that you can use anywhere, without a download
- A contact list that's synchronized with your Gmail account
- Free, high quality PC-to-PC voice calls when you download the Google Talk
We're working hard to add new features and make improvements, so we might also
ask for your comments and suggestions periodically. We appreciate your help in
making our products even better!
The Google Team
To learn more about Gmail and Google Talk, visit:
(If clicking the URLs in this message does not work, copy and paste them into
the address bar of your browser).