I've been lurking in this list for a couple of weeks, and reckon it's
time to introduce myself. I'm a CS student at the Bloomington campus
of Indiana University, a long time Red Hat/Fedora user and more
recently, a Fedora Extras contributor.
Looking forward to telling people about Fedora around campus,
This mail is a reminder for today´s meeting for French ambassadors and
2006-11-05 / 19:30 UTC
Ce mail est un rappel pour la réunion des ambassadeurs francophones,
qui aura lieu ce dimanche (11 nov.) à 20h30 heure de Paris sur IRC (freenode) #fedora-mktg-fr .
Microsoft will recommend SLE in the future, if their customers want a Linux
solution. They also promise not to sue Novell or Suse Linux developers for
patent issues. (Detailed article in German language under
Oracle with its own distribution, Novell cooperating with Microsoft. Looks
like RHEL is facing hard times.
Good Morning Ambassadors,
We are glad to share with you all the experiences we had during the
French Install Parties that hapened this month.
- Lille (2006 oct 21st):
- We were 4 Ambassadors in Lille.
- Lots of people liked the 3d effect, this is a major point to
promote in Fedora.
- During the day, we had a lot of discussion with the Fedora Users
and we had positive feedbacks about Fedora product and communauty.
- One installation, but lot of questions arround Fedora.
- On the MrTom's Blog, some pictures are available
- Paris (2006 oct 28th):
- We were 10 Ambassadors in Paris.
- It was the 1st real adventure for some Fedora Ambassadors.
- We prepared some presentions :
- Fedora Project : MrTom
- 3D Desktop Effect : [splinux]
- Fedora Support : trashy
- Open Source vs Non Open Source softwares : Armelk
- We made some installations of Fedora Core 6 on Desktops and
- We burned Burn some DVD and copied the ISO files into the end user
- Firt feedbacks from the partner is very positive, we are welcome
for next version of Fedora (7).
- Here are some pictures of the event:
The keys elements for the presentation and Fedora promotion are :
- 3D Desktop Effects (All Fedora users and all people like it).
- Fedora Project and Fedora Community, lot of people need a clear
picture about Fedora and RedHat, the Ambassadors clarify this point.
- The new printer installation software (More user friendly and
easier for the configuration).
- Ambassadors present during the day and motivate the user to test
and use Fedora.
Next step for the Fedora French Team :
- Prepare the major Open Source Show in Paris.
- 30 January to 01 February LINUX SOLUTION - CNIT - PARIS - La
Defense (http://www.solutionslinux.fr/fr/index.php - the English page is
not available at the moment).
- In the same place we have the major Open Source actors.
- We are preparing this event in collaboration with Parinux (Active
Linux User Group).
- I'm pretty sure the Fedora US and Worldwide Team support us on
The French Ambassadors
My name is Johan Cwiklinski, I lives in the North of France.
I've been involved in french translations on the fedoraproject's wiki
for a few month, and active within the french Fedora community.
I've recently participated to a few events (described in Armel's
message) in Lille and Paris. And so I've decided to join the
ambassador's community :)